Once in a while I get lucky. I met James Sponaugle from Tennessee at the BLADE show a few years ago and his work just blew me away. I am very glad to now feature his work on my website, it was worth the wait.
James Sponaugle is a Retired Tool and Die Maker. The Tool and Die profession involves critical tolerances and quality work is paramount with each project. James applies the same attention to detail in his new career that was required in his previous one.
Fort Henry Custom Knives is proud to be a Dealer for James Sponaugle
This is a special one off from James ~ the Big Boot with beautiful Presentation Grade Desert Ironwood
- Crafted from 5/32 thick CPM-154cm Stainless Steel
- Very comfortable Full Grip handle
- Fully Tapered Tang, Red Liners and a Lined Thong Hole
- Extremely High Satin ~ Hand Rubbed Finish
- Long Forward Sharpened Swedge
- Expertly fitted Nickel Silver Guard with Satin Finish
- Impeccable Soldering job ~ appears to be one solid piece
The thin Red Liners are a subtle touch and help to accent the Desert Ironwood ~ the Tang is aggressively Tapered to reduce weight.
The handles are perfectly matched and have a wonderfully rich color with lots of natural grain.
James Hand Stitches every Leather Sheath that he makes for his knives.
I cannot say enough good things about James and and his work.