Once in a while I get lucky. I met a knife Maker from Tennessee at this years BLADE show and his work just blew me away. I am very glad to now feature his work on my website, it was worth the wait.
Fort Henry Custom Knives is proud to be a Direct Dealer for James Sponaugle
Just Received ~ Direct from the Maker
James Sponaugle is a Retired Tool and Die Maker. The Tool and Die profession involves critical tolerances and quality work is paramount with each project. James applies the same attention to detail in his new career that was required in his previous one.
This is a beautiful Full Size Loveless style Chute knife with some amazing Presentation Grade Desert Ironwood.
- Crafted from 5/32 thick CPM-154cm Stainless Steel
- Very comfortable Full Grip handle
- Fully Tapered Tang, Red Liners and a Lined Thong Hole
- Mirror Polish, Custom Forward Swedge
- Expertly fitted Stainless Steel Guards with Hand Milled accents
- Impeccable Soldering job ~ appears to be one solid piece
The thin Red Liners are a subtle touch and really accent the beautiful Desert Ironwood ~ the Tang is aggressively Tapered to reduce weight.
James Hand Stitches every Leather Sheath that he makes for his knives.
I cannot say enough good things about James and and his work.
If this knife is not all that I have stated, you may send it back and I will even refund your Shipping!!