Many Custom knife makers today owe a debt to Ralph Freer. Thought he started making knives late in life he was a quick student and later an excellent teacher to other aspiring Makers.
Hailing from the land of Sunshine and good surfing (both which Ralph enjoyed) he started making knives in 1991. He learned to Forge and make Damascus but preferred stock removal in later years.
Ralph’s knives are known for their excellent balance and superb fit and finish. This gorgeous hunter has about every add on that Ralph could put on it – such as;
- Custom Filework on the Spine
- Custom Filework on Top of the Tang
- Contoured handle of beautiful Bighorn Sheep
- Red Liners to enhance the Sheephorn
- Intricate Mosaic Pins that compliment the handle
- Tooled / Sculpted thick Leather Sheath
The Sheath alone would cost a very pretty penny on today’s market.
Truly a one of a kind package from this late great maker.