Fort Henry Custom Knives is proud to be a Dealer for James Sponaugle
~ Just Received – Direct from the Maker ~
James Sponaugle is a Retired Tool and Die Maker. The Tool and Die profession involves critical tolerances and quality work is paramount with each project. James applies the same attention to detail in his new career that was required in his previous one.
This is an Immaculate Direct Loveless Pattern
This is a beautiful Full Sized City Knife ~ a custom Ordered, Non-Catalog pattern from James
- CPM 154 Stainless Steel with Flawless Mirror Finish
- Rc Hardness approx 59 – 60
- Polished OD Green Micarta Handle scales
- Mirror Polished Stainless Bolsters
- Deeply Tapered Tang, Red Liners and a Lined Thong Hole
- Perfect Grinds with a Mid Height Hollow Ground Bevel
- Expertly Soldered Blade to Tang
- Thick RH Leather Belt Sheath
The Double Edged Blade has a Superb Modified Clip Point Grind
Wonderful handle contouring and deeply Tapered Tang make this knife feel light and extremely comfortable.
Very Few Makers today take the time to Silver Solder the Blade / Tang, but James does this on almost every knife he makes. This too is done with Extreme Precision.
The entire knife has an Extremely High Fit and Finish. This is a fitting tribute to one of the Great Masters of Custom Knife Making.
James Hand Stitches every Leather Sheath that he makes for his knives.
Not many Custom Makers are offering a quality “Old School” package like this any more, this is an incredible wonderful package at a great price!